Saturday, April 18, 2009

SLC Marathon 09



So I decided to walk the marathon this year, why I decided I am not sure. LOL. Anyway, I woke up at about 3:30 a.m. because I couldn't sleep (I think I was nervous) and then I drove out to Lehi to meet my friends so we could all go together. We picked up a few more people on the way and then headed to the marathon. We got there and basically stood in line for the bathrooms for about 15 mins or so (ya they were crowded) and then finally we started the race. I got to mile 2 and started to get a cramp in my side (I thought I was done for already) but it turned out to be nothing because It had gone away soon after. After that it was pretty easy until about mile 11. There were 13 miles to walk. It was so exciting to see the finish line, I almost cryed. I ended up finishing the 1/2 marathon in 4 hours and 15 mins. Not bad for my first time, hey the main thing is I finished. LOL. Didn't get a pic of me at all but here is my cute neice kilee holding my number from the race. (she is so much cuter than me anyway) When I was done the only thing that really hurt was my feet but I was lucky to have kept all my toenails yes toenails. Apparently you can lose toenails while doing the marathon. This is the medallion that I got for finishing the race.

No comments: